A place where we share the most intriguing recipes and concoctions involving our favorite spice!
Turmeric and Garlic popcorn
Turmeric and garlic popcorn could be the new big thing, truffle popcorn has had its time but could a new king be crowned? Throw out your old microwaveable popcorn that's been sitting in your cupboard for the last 3 years and pick up some fresh popcorn kernels because this recipe is quick, easy, healthy and most importantly deliciously moreish!
What you'll need:
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp butter
2 garlic cloves or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
What to do:
- In a large saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of butter, add your grated garlic cloves and 2-3 popcorn kernels. Keep an eye on when the first kernel pops.
- As soon as the first kernel pops add the turmeric, salt and the rest of the popcorn kernels and most importantly the lid!
- Put on some oven gloves and grab the saucepan and shake it from side to side (you'll hear lots of popping!) Keep shaking till the popping slows, once the popping has slowed turn off the heat and open the lid so the steam can escape.
- Sprinkle some extra salt, garlic powder and turmeric to taste and give it one final mix!
- There you have it, a fresh batch of garlic, turmeric popcorn.
Immunity boosting tonic
Looking for a real burst of life in the morning? Try adding the following ingredients together:
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon / lime
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of grated ginger
- 2 table spoons of Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of warm / hot water
All the ingredients added contribute to boosting your immune system, burning fat and provide an energy boost first things in the morning.
You can change the dosages of each ingredient as you see fit, try it and let us know how you get on!
All recipes have been tried and tested at home to give you the best experience when attempting....