CURCUMA AGAINST ACNE!
TURMERIC FOR ACNE!
Turmeric has shown to have a wide variety of uses from helping reduce inflammation in your body to helping imrpove your gut environment to even enhancing your mood, but it has also been shown to be very effective in treating acne. There are multiple ways in which you can prepare a home-made turmeric formula to help combat a recent breakout!
An acne breakout can happen at any time and sometimes the usual face wash or day and night cream just won't cut it.
Below are several formulas for incorporating turmeric into your facial regime.
- Neem and Turmeric:
- Take a few neem leaves, boil them in water and grind them up. Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric to them and apply it on your pimples. Let the pack stay till it dries. Rinse it with cool water. Repeat this twice a week to get good results and reduce acne effectively.
- Turmeric and honey:
- Mix 1 tsp of turmeric in 1/2 tsp honey. Make a paste and apply it on the area affected by pimples. Leave it on for around 10-12 minutes and rinse with water. Repeat several times a week to get desired results.
- Milk and turmeric:
- Now this is a rather simple one. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric to 2 tbsp milk. Apply the mixture on your pimples with a cotton ball. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it off. Use this every alternative day to reduce acne and prevent acne breakouts.
- Turmeric and aloe vera:
- Aloe vera is a wonderful plant for skin that can treat multiple skin ailments. Make a paste with turmeric (1/2 tsp) and aloe vera (2 tbsp). Try to source natural aloe vera from the center of an aloe vera leaf. Apply the mixture on your pimples and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse using regular water. Try this remedy every alternate day and see if it reduces your pimples.
- Lemon and turmeric:
- Take 1 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 tsp turmeric. Mix them and apply on your pimples, let it stay for 10 to 12 minutes. Wash with regular water. You can try this remedy regularly to reduce pimples effectively.
These remedies are quick and simple. They are prepared with ingredients that are usually available at your home. Just do a patch test first to see if turmeric and the other ingredients suit your skin or not. If you experience redness, swelling or itching, remove the ingredients at once. Too much irritation may signal that turmeric does or other ingredients do not suit your skin. Talk to your dermatologist regarding your acne in this case.
Information source: Doctor NDTV
TURMERIC AS A POTENTIAL ANTIBIOTIC BOOSTER?
Honey with Turmeric: Could it be one of most potent natural antibiotic boosters around?
Prescribed antibiotics have saved millions of lives since their introduction into the medical world. But there is no denying their overuse and the the over reliance on them. This has led to the rise of antibiotic resistant bacteria which has created an arms race between the scientists and the bacteria on who will come out on top.
This article is in no way suggesting to avoid traditional healthcare but merely to see how else one can boost their immune system.
The use of turmeric in conjunction with other ingredients has been used for millennia in the fight against infection and injury.
Honey for example is capable of fighting infection without creating antibiotic resistant bacteria. Research has shown that honey has the potential to destroy every bacteria or pathogen it comes into contact with.
The Turmeric + Honey mixture can be taken internally as well as applied topically which makes it a pretty good solution as it’s so flexible.
Studies have shown that supplements containing both honey and turmeric stimulated the production and functionality of immune cells and thus, could result in improved immunity against certain diseases.
Combining turmeric with honey could enhance its anti-microbial activity, they can together act against a variety of bacterial and fungal strains known to cause infections.
Here’s how you can make your own homemade natural antibiotic booster remedy:
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
2 drops of lemon essential oil (optional)
Mix in a glass jar and stir well.
Take a table spoon of the remedy each hour to treat your ailment. don't swallow it immediately but let it melt in your mouth. The next day take it every 2 hours and repeat on the third day but taking it only 3 times daily.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. CurcuBlast® does not claim responsibility for this information.